Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Owls Mating at the Bird Bath

 Recently the owls visited the bird bath and began mating. I felt a bit like a voyeur, but in the interest of science I took some pictures. If you're not into owl porn you may wish to skip these, although there's nothing too graphic- they are birds, after all. Everything is covered in feathers.











                               ♫ "Oh, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you" ♬

                                                    "Wait, where are you going?"

                                                 "Men, they're all the same"


                                                                                                         "Now what?"

                "I was thinking about Round 2 but I'm on the fence about it"


                                                              "I need a drink"


6 comments:

  1. Cool! I hope you see some owl teenagers at your watering hole later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Monika! Although it's pretty late in the season to be going at it the way they are. I read somewhere that a pair of owls sometimes don't produce offspring until they've been together for a year or two. I think they're practicing for next year.

      Delete
  2. Even containing porn, those are excellent pictures! And admitting what they are doing adds humor! Can`t wait for next years pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope I end up with a whole flock of owls! I just looked it up and a group of owls is called a parliament. I hope I see a parliament of owls out there!

      Delete
  3. I loved these photos (and the comments) but forgot to post. duh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, and there's no time limit on positive comments! Negative comments- well, I might just delete those :)

      Delete